These thoughts will likely go off on a loud speaker in your head:
- Why am I doing this?
- This is pointless.
- I hate this.
- I'm not a runner, I'm a walker.
- Not everyone can be a runner.
- I must look ridiculous.
- There's no dignity in running.
- I'm too old to start running.
- This is hard.
Think of these thoughts as disturbances. That's all they are. Work through them. It's just 500 meters. You can do it. You will do it. This week.
Use these thoughts if you need counter action:
- I'm doing this because I know it will feel good, eventually.
- Though I think this is pointless now, it's not pointless to use a body if I have one.
- I hate this now, but this now is not forever.
- I can be a runner and a walker.
- Everyone with working legs and feet can be a runner. And some other people.
- I may look ridiculous. Who cares?
- There's no dignity in running. Dignity is overrated.
- I'm too old to start running. It's never too late to get healthy.
- This is hard. And I get stronger by the minute.